terça-feira, 26 de janeiro de 2010

COMPLETE WITH THE RIGHT QUESTIONS

1: As soon as she started going out with him, everyone in the office started talking about them. __________ because he's supposed to be a happily married man!


People were mouthing

Mouths were talking

Tongues were wagging

Tails were wagging


2: He's such a __________ old man! He's always telling tales and talking about people.


gossipy

gossip

juicy gossip

gossip column

3: I hate people who gossip. I don't think it's right to talk about people __________.


in front of their backs

behind their faces

to their faces

behind their backs


4: __________ Tina and Alex are getting married, again!



Have you heard?

Have you heard the latest?

Haven't you heard?

all of the above


5: __________ that the boss is leaving. I can't believe that's true. Have you heard anything about her quitting?



I talked behind her back

I heard on the grapevine

You could have heard a pin drop

I heard it in the vineyard


6: No one knows exactly what the inside of his house looks like, but __________ he has tigers and monkeys in cages in his sitting room! I'd love to see inside it, wouldn't you?


without doubt

certainly

allegedly

definitely

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Welcome Students!!!

It´s a pleasure for me meet with yours here in my blog, I wait that you like and help me with ideas, good study...